I’ve been enjoying not posting about Syria constantly, but this certainly bears posting. Sunni militants crossed the border from Syria into Iraq and overran and took control of Mosul, Iraq’s second largest city. Iraq’s army troops shed their clothes and ran away with civilians. I would like to point out (before the US government cites this as a reason to take further military action in Syria), that these Sunni militants (the US government calls them “rebels” in Syria, but “militants” in Iraq) are US backed, trained and armed. So now, US backed Sunni militants are overrunning the country we destroyed to get rid of Sunni leader, Saddam Hussein. So can we all stop pretending that it isn’t actually the US GOVERNMENT (and OUR money) causing all these problems in the Middle East?
What would you like to read about today?
Other things I’ve been thinking about lately
- How’s Your Week Been? Poke at Boke, Sailing on the Water, and Jazz at Nonna.
- Adrift in Long Beach, Washington – Part Three: Hiking Willapa National Wildlife Refuge and Kites, Kites, Kites!!!
- Adrift in Long Beach, Washington – Part Two: Discovery Trail
- Life Goes On (and on and on and on)
- Adrift in Long Beach, Washington (or how I finally took a real vacation).