Our government always brags about our democracy. How a government should do the “will of the people.” Let’s show the whole world that We, the People, have the power to stop our government from waging war. We’ve destroyed Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya, but Syria is still standing. Enough is enough. No more senseless war.
I read an article today that said only the far right is against a war in Syria. I don’t believe this is true. I believe a majority of Americans are against bombing Syria, against regime change, and against going to war. So, here’s a list of ten things you can do right now to stop the bombs and stop the war:
- Call the White House. Tell them, “No more senseless war. No more bombs. No more regime change. Leave Syria alone!
- Call your representatives. Tell them the same.
- Write to your local newspaper. Tell them the same.
- Discuss the issue with your family and friends. Share on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Encourage them to speak out against going to war.
- Attend a rally on Saturday. Invite your friends and family to attend. They are happening all over the country. Look here to find one near you. https://www.springaction2018.org
- Call your local newspaper. Ask them why they’re not reporting on the issue. Ask them why they’re not more critical of official government reports. Ask them why they print headlines assigning guilt, when the articles contain no evidence.
- Think critically about what you read and hear about Syria. Is the source biased? Why are they biased? Is what’s presented as fact actually fact? Do the conclusions drawn make sense?
- Stay informed. Seek out different news sources and consider the issue from different perspectives. Be wary of news articles that try to tell you what to think. Look for articles that inform with facts and information.
- If you pray, pray.
- Don’t let up on the pressure. Keep at it until our voices are heard. Oh and one more thing….
Let this be the beginning. Find the issues that matter to you and learn about them. Stay engaged. Instead of frantically responding to each crisis as they come along, let’s start preventing them. This is our future and the future of our children. This is OUR country. OUR government. OUR money. It’s time for our government to carry out the will of We, the People.